Leicester Blue Sox is delighted to announce another special event for it’s 10th Anniversary season. On Saturday 28 May we will be hosting an exciting menu of both baseball and fastpitch softball games on separate diamonds at Western Park.
In addition, the event will also be a fundraiser, raising money for the Motor Neurone Disease Association. MND awareness rose a few years back, thanks to the viral ‘ice bucket challenge’.
In the United States the condition is commonly referred to
as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). It is also known
also known as ‘Lou Gehrig’s Disease’ named after the Hall of Fame first
baseman of the New York Yankees who sadly passed away in 1941 after contracting
The finer detail of this upcoming event will be confirmed nearer the date. At present this is what we are envisaging on the day.
· Baseball games featuring our Blue Sox u19 team and our ‘2sox’ adult second team
· We are working on adding a third visiting team to the menu, to hopefully make this a three team round-robin
· Fastpitch games featuring players pooled from our women/girls and u15 baseball sections
· We are also extending the invite to fastpitch players across our region, so that we have enough pitching depth to put on two or more games during the day
· Event shelter featuring PA/music and hot dog stand
· Batting cage and pitching machines for players to use
· Home-run derby
· Fundraising initiatives on the day, ie raffle etc.
With no regular season game scheduled for the Sunday 29th
May, we want to make the most of the next bank holiday weekend and put on an event
that large numbers of members and visitors will enjoy, together with fundraising for a good
Want to get involved? Please respond to our advance Teamer notification going out soon!